I must admit to being a little nervous before yesterday’s leg session. One, I was tired having been woken up early thanks to the neighbours putting a screaming child into the car while they loaded it for 20mins, and two (and more importantly) I knew it was going to be a “non talker” (not able to speak after performing a set).
Anyway, myself Kate and Rani headed to the gym to train in a trio and attempt the session which looked like:
Warm-up: hip and knee mobility, leg swings, deep squats, back mobilisation and light squats slowly building weight.
- 1a. Pause squats. 8-12reps. 4220 tempo. 3sets.
- 1b. barbell glute bridge on bench. 8-12reps. 2020 tempo. 3sets
- 2. Pause squats. 8-12reps. 4220 tempo. 1set with 2 x rest/pause sets to failure with 10sec rests.
- 3a. Barbell jump squats. 8-12reps. 30X0 tempo. 3sets.
- 3b. Front squats. 8-12reps. 3020 tempo. 3sets.
- 4. Barbell jump squats. 8-12reps. 30X0 tempo. 1set with 2 x rest/pause sets to failure with 10sec rests.
- 5. Leg ext. 8-12reps. 30X0 tempo. 3sets, last set with 2 x dropsets to failure (20% drop each time).
- 6. Single leg leg press. 8-12reps. 3030 tempo. 3sets each leg.
I can feel the DOMS creeping in, especially to the glutes and quads. Cheeky session and a real challenge to keep the front squat the same weight as the jump squats.