Friday was my final session with Ped before a well earned rest weekend. Surprisingly his legs weren’t as bad as I thought they might be after Thursday’s leg assault! However, a sneaky suspicion lead me to believe they might just creep up on him through the day.
After a quick check over Ped’s tendinitis and the aches he experienced in his shoulders, we pressed on with our upper body session. Due to the biceps tendonitis Ped had suffered from over the last week or so, we had completely avoided pulling exercises. Ped had performed as instructed and iced the area as much as possible over the week, so once we had tested it and were happy the pain had dispersed, we pressed on with a session a little more pull focused than push.
As he’s become accustomed to, Ped was hit with rest/pause sets and drop sets at the end of most sets to ensure we are getting the required intensity from his resistance training. As I’ve become accustomed to, Ped gave his all to each exercise and set.
The session looked like:
Warm-up: shoulder, elbow and general upperbody mobility
- Inverted row 3 sets of 10-12reps with 2 x rest/pause sets to failure for the last set.
- Dumbbell shoulder press: warm-up sets with light dumbbells then 3sets 10-12reps at 9kg. 2 x dropsets at 7kg and 5kg to failure on last set.
- Seated cable row: warm up sets with lighter weight then 3sets 8-10reps 41kg with 2 x dropsets to failure for final set.
- Incline dumbbell press: warm-up sets with lighter dumbbells then 3sets of 10-12reps at 14kg with 2 x dropsets to failure with 12kg and 10kg on last set.
- Finisher: supersets 3sets of
- EZ biceps curl 12kg 12reps
- EZ bar upright row 12kg 12reps
Rests between all sets were 45-60seconds except for the finisher supersets where only 30secs rest between was given. Tempo throughout was 3010.
Ped is increasing in ability daily. His mental strength continues to grow with his confidence at what his body can achieve. The weights continue to increase, but without a drop in technique or the ability to keep to the prescribed tempo.
Looking forward to tomorrow for Ped’s leg session!