A good friend of mine and Kate’s, Damian Murray (as seen in the picture with me) was staying with us as he was attending (my old work colleague) Phil Learney’s Hypertrophy and Contest prep seminars. Damo wanted to train, so although Kate and I had been sports modelling all day for ThatGirl and ThatGuy respectively, we threw ourselves into this session:
Warm-up: mobility for upper body, light shoulder press and light dumbbell press.
- 1a. Push press. 8-10reps. 20X0. 4sets.
- 1b. Incline dumbbell press. 8-10reps. 3030. 4sets. (drop sets to complete reps as made way through sets.)
- 2a. Chest flick press-ups. 10-12reps. 20X0. 3sets.
- 2b. Military press. 8-10reps. 3030. 4sets. (drop sets to complete reps as made way through sets.)
- 3a. Single arm landmine press (both sides) 8-10reps. 3030. 2sets.
- 3b. Double arm landmine press. 10-12reps. 3030. 2sets.
- 3c. Alternate battle rope waves. 30seconds as fast as possible.
- 4a. Dips. 8-10reps. 3030. 3sets.
- 4b. Bradford press. 8-10reps. 3030
- 4c. Disc car drivers. 30seconds
Having earned it, we headed to Byron Burger for a big meal. A great session, great meal and great company.