After Friday and Monday’s leg sessions and Saturday’s Chest, triceps and front delt session (using the push up bars), DOMS had kicked in so I wasn’t sure how this session would pan out! Anyway, after a hefty warm-up to loosen the body (but also to wait for Kate who was training with me but held up) we attacked the session. As I’ve always said, I am a big believer in changing training regimes to ensure the body adapts and changes itself. Over the last few weeks I have been mainly aiming for 12-15reps, so it was time to switch it up hence the low 6-8reps to start the session and 10-12 through the rest.
The session looked like:
Warm-up: arm and shoulder mobility. Light curls.
- 1. Preacher curl normal grip. 4sets. 6-8reps. 3030
- 2. Preacher curl close grip. 2sets. 6-8reps. 3030
- 3. Preacher curl wide grip. 2sets. 6-8reps. 3030
- 4. Incline dumbbell biceps curl. 3sets. 8-10reps. 3030
- 5. Seated hammer curls. 3sets. 10-12reps. 3030
- 6. Incline dumbbell row. 3sets. 10-12reps. 3030
- 7. Lat pull down. 3sets. 10-12reps. 3030
- 8a. Reverse cable flyes. 3sets. 10-12reps. 3030
- 8b. Chin-ups. 3sets. 5-8reps. 3030
An enjoyable session as always. The lat exercises were tough after the biceps were pre-exhausted. The rear delt exercise was also tough after working on the incline db rows, but also due to the superset with chin-ups.